Beginning New Projects

My granddaughter and I began experimenting with candles after trying (unsuccessfully) to find colored tall cone candles for a sugar mold holder.  So, we decided to begin offering small-run custom (four candles/run) with choice of wax (creme, paraffin, soy, beeswax), color, wick (cord or wood), and scent.  They will shortly be available on our Etsy site.

Busy fall…

It seemed every time I turned around last fall, there was another project that needed to be done which required me to put a tunic for myself on the back burner.  However, I am pleased to say that it is now finished.  While it wasn’t hard it was slow as every 16 stitches of the pattern included four cable stitches.  It is heavy, stylistically forgiving, and warm.


Boy’s Hoodie

I found this great pattern on Pinterest and Ravelry.  But, after I started it I realized it didn’t provide all of the measurements, including half of the gauge.  So!  I’m working through it and making notes as I go so the next one I do will be much easier.  Life is an adventure, for sure!  🙂  I think this is the first time I’ve ever done a pocket.  It looks kind of rough, but I’ve already learned so much.

Boy's Hoodie

Teal Blanket

Just in time for fall!  It seemed to take FOREVER, but actually only three weeks of evenings resulted in a chunky blanket.  I was curious about what a completed afghan would be like using Bernat Blanket (super bulky-6) yarn.  Now I know.  It’s kind of a laid-back, but warm, blanket that I think will be quite versatile and, bonus, it can be washed and dried.  I will post it on my Etsy site for $75 (plus $15 shipping charge).

Teal Blanket

Envelope Cardigan

When I was in Geneva, Switzerland, a few years ago, I bought some mohair yarn.   I started a few projects with it, but I always ended up tearing them out, as none ever seemed quite right.  While working the election polls this summer, a woman mentioned a pattern available at Yarnspirations that I thought I would try.  Following is the result.  (The only change I made was to pick up and knit the back rather than sew the pieces together later.)  Luckily, the striping matched fairly closely–I didn’t try to make it so.  Anyway, it is a very light, versatile shrug (modeled by my daughter).  🙂