Beginning New Projects

My granddaughter and I began experimenting with candles after trying (unsuccessfully) to find colored tall cone candles for a sugar mold holder.  So, we decided to begin offering small-run custom (four candles/run) with choice of wax (creme, paraffin, soy, beeswax), color, wick (cord or wood), and scent.  They will shortly be available on our Etsy site.

Busy fall…

It seemed every time I turned around last fall, there was another project that needed to be done which required me to put a tunic for myself on the back burner.  However, I am pleased to say that it is now finished.  While it wasn’t hard it was slow as every 16 stitches of the pattern included four cable stitches.  It is heavy, stylistically forgiving, and warm.


Boy’s Hoodie

I found this great pattern on Pinterest and Ravelry.  But, after I started it I realized it didn’t provide all of the measurements, including half of the gauge.  So!  I’m working through it and making notes as I go so the next one I do will be much easier.  Life is an adventure, for sure!  🙂  I think this is the first time I’ve ever done a pocket.  It looks kind of rough, but I’ve already learned so much.

Boy's Hoodie